W-9 Instructions

  • W-9s are ONLY required for Loan-out corporations, not for un-incorporated employees.
  • W-9s must be accompanied by the articles of incorporation.
  • A loan-out is a single-member “S” or “C” corporation, ABS does not pay Sole Proprietors or
    inactive/lapsed corporations as loan-outs.
  • ABS does not pay LLCs as loan-outs, UNLESS that LLC has elected to be taxed as a corporation. In such cases, an IRS Letter of Acceptance or the LLC’s
    most recent 1120 filing is required to verify election.
Download W9