What makes film payroll different?
Film payroll companies provide important function and convenience to free up important time for your production team. Production operates on a tight schedule, with team members wearing many hats to get the project done on time. Because of this, using a film payroll company is essential so you can focus on the creative side of things. While a film shoot can last less than a week, payroll obligations can last for years afterwards. Consequently, producers often use film payroll companies to deal with unemployment, reporting new hires, payroll tax filings, and other hassles. It also ensures you are receiving industry payroll expertise—particularly with union and labor code compliance. Most film production entities are here today, gone tomorrow, and using a film payroll service accommodates this temporary setup.
ABS film payroll
Client satisfaction sets us apart from other film payroll companies, but we’ve also earned a reputation for working with producers across all budget sizes. Whether it’s a short film passion project or an indie feature, ABS has you covered for cast and crew payroll. That flexibility helps us maintain great relationships with indie filmmakers and producers working at all levels in the entertainment industry. From single-day shorts to $10 million features, ABS provides services under all entertainment unions and in all states.
Additionally, ABS is featured on the approved list of SAG-AFTRA payroll houses. ABS’ knowledgeable staff processes payroll for hundreds of features and shorts under SAG theatrical contracts each year. Our experience and quality service mean you can be confident with ABS as your SAG payroll company.
Cast and crew payroll services include:
- ATL & BTL paycheck processing
- Hour calculations based on Timecards/Exhibit G’s
- Federal and State employee tax withholdings
- Employer payroll tax contributions and reporting—including year-end W2/1099 forms
- Compliance with wage and hour laws in all States
- Union pension, health and welfare contributions, reporting, and administration for all major unions including SAG-AFTRA, DGA, WGA, IATSE, and Teamsters
- Unemployment insurance claim administration
Workers compensation insurance coverage & claim management
- 401(k) and other retirement/ insurance plan contributions or earning deductions